Tart Cheesecake Tart
- 1 (8-ounce) package coconut macaroon cookies (or cookie, without filling, of your choice)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 (3.4-ounce) packages cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
- 3 cups DairyPure whole milk
- 1 cup (about 8 limes) fresh lime juice
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place cookies in food processor. Process cookies until forms fine crumbs.
- Place 1 ½ cups cookie crumbs in medium bowl. Stir in melted butter and salt until cookies crumbs are evenly coated with butter. Press crust mixture on bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie pan, tart pan or springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Once crust is cooled completely, in large mixer bowl whisk together instant pudding and pie filling and milk until smooth. Add lime juice, cream cheese and lime peel. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Pour into prepared crust; spread evenly. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Tip: If you don’t have a food processor, place cookies in gallon-sized zip-top food safe bag and tightly seal. Using rolling pin, crush cookies into fine crumbs.
Tip: Leftover cookie crumbs can be used to serve over ice cream or pudding.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.